New Jersey Labor and Employment Attorney Assists Workers
Experienced lawyer handles a wide range of job issues for employees in the Metuchen area
Employees are entitled to a workplace free of illegal discrimination and to the wages and benefits that they’ve earned. Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. provides advice and advocacy to protect the rights of workers in the Metuchen area and throughout New Jersey in a wide array of employment law matters. Whether you’re dealing with abusive colleagues or opportunistic management, Tom has extensive knowledge of New Jersey and federal laws governing employers and Tom is committed to providing prompt, effective counsel for every client he serves. Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. has earned an excellent reputation for achieving strong results through skillful negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation when necessary.
Skillful firm stands up for employees’ rights
Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. understands that employees are often hesitant to stand up for their rights even when the mistreatment is obvious. This can be even more intimidating if your employer is a large corporation. Tom delivers comprehensive support to clients so they can pursue justice in matters relating to:
- Wage and benefit issues — When you’re not getting the wages, overtime pay or benefits you’ve earned, Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. takes on employers to help you obtain full compensation in a timely manner.
- Noncompete agreements — Companies have some interest in protecting their business, but many noncompete agreements go too far. If you believe that you have been unfairly restricted from taking a new position in your field, Tom will assess your potential claim.
- Occupational safety hazards — Businesses that cut corners when it comes to safety put their workers at serious risk. Whether you’ve been harmed or have reason to believe that a significant danger exists, Tom will outline your options.
- Wrongful termination — After a firing that was premised on illegal grounds, Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. pursues proper relief including recovery of lost wages.
- Labor relations — In collective bargaining negotiations, union disputes and other labor matters, Tom works to safeguard hard-won rights and privileges while keeping clients aware of pertinent laws.
Once you understand the legal standards that affect your situation, you can make confident decisions about how to handle your job-related issue.
Dedicated advocate represents victims of discrimination and harassment
Everyone should have the opportunity to earn a living in a safe, healthy environment, where they are judged fairly on their skills, experience and work ethic. When a job applicant or worker is treated improperly due to their race, religion, gender, disability status, age or membership in another legally protected group, Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. take prompt action. Tom represents clients in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) cases, claims under state discrimination laws and other matters stemming from unlawful bias. Tom also assists clients who have faced sexual harassment from a superior at their workplace as well as those forced to do their job in a hostile work environment.
Contact a knowledgeable New Jersey employment lawyer
If you believe that you have been mistreated on the job or have another type of concern relating to labor or employment law, Thomas Ercolano III, Esq. is ready to help. Contact Tom online or at 908-489-1038 to schedule a free consultation. Tom believes that every client — no matter how complex the case — should receive personalized attention, including regular updates regarding case progress and options.